IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK ON “REGISTER” OR “SIGN UP” BUTTON, ONCE THE BUTTON IS CLICKED YOU ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU REGISTER FOR THE SERVICE. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY Oody AT ANY TIME, EFFECTIVE UPON NOTICE TO YOU, WHICH NOTICE SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN PROVIDED UPON OUR POSTING OF THE CURRENT VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT ON THE WEBSITE.
The terms of Acceptable Use Policy for Content Posted on Oody App, and any notices regarding Oody App are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
1. Eligibility. By becoming a Member, You represent and warrant that You are at least 18 years old. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using Oody App, You represent and warrant that You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may not authorize others to use Your membership, and You may not assign or otherwise transfer Your account to any other person or entity.
2. Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while You use Oody App and/or are a Member of Oody App. You may terminate Your membership at any time, for any reason, effective upon receipt of Your notice of termination by Oody customer support staff.Oody may terminate Your membership for any reason, with or without explanation, effective upon sending a notice to Your email address provided for at registration, or to any other email address provided by You to Oody.Notwithstanding Your membership being terminated, this Agreement will remain in full effect.
3. Proprietary Rights in Content. Oody owns, licenses or otherwise retains all intellectual property rights in the Website, Oody App, and the Service, absolutely. Those rights include, but are not limited to, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), patents, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, wherever existing in the world, together with the right to apply for protection of the same of Oody and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which You have been given written permission, You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
4. Content Posted on Oody App.
)You understand and agree that Oody may at its sole discretion store for review and delete any content, messages, photos, videos, audio and video calls or profiles (collectively, “Content”) that in the sole judgment of Oody violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of other Members or any third parties.
)You are solely responsible for the Content that You publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) via Oody App, or transmit to other Members.
)By posting Content to any public area of Oody App You automatically grant, represent and warrant that You have the right to grant to Oody an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
)The following is a partial list of Content that is illegal or prohibited on Oody App. OodyMate reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action at its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision including without limitation removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that:
is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
promotes information that You know is defamatory, false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture installed copyright protected devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
5.) You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
5. Anti-spam protection. Oody provides anti-spam protection for the users thus Oody at its own discretion, may block messages that contain spam content recognized by the system.
7. Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if You believe that Your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please supply Oody with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that You claim is infringing on such copyright is located on Oody App; Your email address; a written statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
8. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for Your interactions with other Oody Members. Oody reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between You and other Members. Oody is not responsible for any actions that arise if you answer emails from Oody members.
10. Disclaimers. THE WEBSITE PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. Oody App SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, Oody DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. Oody DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY. Although each member must agree to the Agreement, Oody cannot guarantee that each member is at least the required minimum age, nor does it accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Service by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. Also, it is possible that other members or users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials through the Service and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive or obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to Your use of the Service. Those others may use Your information for purposes other than what You intended. Oody is not responsible for the use of any personal information that You disclose on the Service. Please carefully select the type of information that You post on the Service or release to others. Oody DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER MEMBERS OR USERS (INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED USERS), WHETHER SUCH ACTS OR OMISSIONS OCCUR DURING THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE. Oody is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on Oody App or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of Oody App, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. Oody is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Oody App or Member of the Service. Oody assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. Oody is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will Oody be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of Oody or the Service, any Content posted on Oody App or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of Oody App, whether online or offline.
11. Suppliers. To provide the Service, Oody may purchase services from various third parties (collectively, “Suppliers”). The Suppliers are independent contractors and are not agents, or employees of Oody. Oody is not responsible for the willful or negligent acts and/or omissions of any Supplier or any of its respective employees, agents, servants or representatives including, without limitation, their failure to deliver Services, or partial or inadequate delivery of Services. According to terms of agreement with its Suppliers, Oody is prohibited from rendering the Suppliers' contact information. Services provided by the Suppliers include but are not limited to the following:
Suppliers provide full, correct and quality translation of all correspondence of Oody Members.
Suppliers provide additional services in accordance to the terms of their agreement with OodyMate.
Any additional services requested by Oody Members, which fall into the Suppliers' scope of activity, but not defined by Oody terms of Agreement with Supplier, including but not limited to arrangement of trips for the Members, or any other personal requests by Members, may be processed by Suppliers, but are not automatically granted.
12. Purchase of Membership/Additional Purchases/Auto-Renewal. Upon purchase of membership, a Registered Non-Member shall become a Member and shall have access to all Member privileges. All Services not included in the membership fee shall be provided at additional charge. Your membership will continue indefinitely until cancelled by You. After Your initial purchase of membership, and again after any subsequent membership period, Your membership will automatically renew for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when initially purchasing the membership. You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If You want to change or terminate your membership, please contact our customer support. If You cancel Your membership, You may use your membership until the end of Your then-current membership term and Your membership will not be renewed thereafter. However, You won't be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the membership fee paid for the then-current membership period. By purchasing the 1 (one) calendar month membership, You authorize Oody to charge Your credit card, debit card or other payment method at such time and again, as Your membership will automatically renew at the beginning of any subsequent membership period, unless canceled by You prior to the expiration of any membership period, including any sales or similar taxes imposed on Your membership payments. Unless otherwise indicated in any applicable additional terms or communications Oody sends to Your registered email address, the renewal membership will be at the same membership fee as when you first subscribed (unless your first month was purchased at a promotional rate), plus any applicable taxes, unless Oody notifies You at least 10 days prior to the end of your current term that the membership fee will increase. You acknowledge and agree that your payment method will be automatically charged for such membership fees, plus any applicable taxes, upon each such automatic renewal. You acknowledge that your membership is subject to automatic renewals and You consent to and accept responsibility for all recurring charges to your credit or debit card (or other payment method, as applicable) based on this automatic renewal feature without further authorization from You and without further notice except as required by law. You further acknowledge that the amount of the recurring charge may change if the applicable tax rates change or if you are notified that there will be an increase in the applicable membership fees. Upon the renewal of Your membership, if Oody does not receive payment, You agree that Oody may either terminate or suspend your membership and continue to attempt to charge Your payment method provider until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your account will be activated and for purposes of automatic renewal, your new membership commitment period will begin as of the day payment was received). Upon de-activation of Your membership, all privileges associated with Your membership shall be revoked, provided that Your profile shall remain searchable by other Members. You shall retain the right to browse other Members’ profiles and to make changes to Your own profile. You may respond to messages only from other Members. You may re-activate your membership by signing up and paying the membership fee.
13. Members. Oody does not influence the relationships between Members of Oody. Members may terminate their membership with Oody at any time. Deactivation of profiles of Members of Oody is governed by the following:
In the event, a Member had been reported for inappropriate activities, Oody may, at its sole and unfettered discretion, issue a partial refund to Correspondent, who had informed Oody of such Member’s inappropriate activity by providing incontrovertible evidence of same.
In the event, a Member is found on an anti-scam site, or in case we receive reliable proof of the Member’s illegal activities from another Member, such Member’s profile may be deleted from Oody App provided that Oody, in its sole and unfettered discretion, considers the supplied information substantial and irrefutable. Oody may issue a partial refund to the Correspondent who provided such information.
14. Limitation of Liability. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will Oody be liable to You or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from Your use of Oody or the Service, as well as damages for loss of date, loss of programs, cost of procurement of substitute Services or Service interruptions, even if Oody knows or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Oody’s liability to You for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by You to Oody for the Service during the term of membership.
15. Disputes. You acknowledge that the transactions involving your use of Oody and your purchase of products or services took place in Tokyo, Japan. Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use to Oody App or to products or services sold or distributed by Oody or through Oody will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court. The arbitration shall take place in Tokyo, Japan. Japan law will govern the rights and obligations of the parties hereto with respect to the matters in controversy. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. But an arbitrator can award you the same damages and relief, and must honor the same terms in this agreement, as a court would. We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEORIES OF LIABILITY OR PRAYERS FOR RELIEF MAY BE MAINTAINED IN ANY ARBITRATION HELD UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights. You will attempt to resolve all disputes with respect to the Services through communication with the customer service. You specifically acknowledge and agree that You will not attempt to chargeback any charges you authorized if you used the goods and/or Services provided.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Oody, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, and/or any allegations that any Content that You submit to Oody or transmit to Oody infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of Your representations and warranties set forth above. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
17. Other. This Agreement, accepted upon use of Oody and further affirmed by becoming a ember of the Service, contains the entire Agreement between You and Oody regarding the use of Oody App and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.